Effective change leadership creates shared aspiration, builds emotional alignment, drives operational acceleration and ensures sustained achievement in an organisation. The first step in achieving this level of leadership is to understand the core capabilities needed and the common leadership biases which can affect performance in times of change.
The Leadership Agility Questionnaire is part of Sova’s model of agile leadership, and it's the start point for executives who will participate in the Sova Agility Practitioner Lab.
Our philosophy for agile leadership encompasses leadership agility, cultural agility, business agility and career agility. Our model is built on The Four A's of Agility is based on the research and writing of Dr Kiran Chitta
- Achievement - Creates an impact by getting business results, communicating honestly and authentically to make a positive, sustained and meaningful difference to customers and stakeholders.
- Aspiration - Willing to learn in uncertain operating conditions, embraces new techniques and approaches; navigates effectively through ambiguity and complexity to provide strategic insight.
- Acceleration - Acts as a catalyst for transformation; combining speed, creativity and tenacity to get results despite change and volatility.
- Alignment - Builds a diverse network of contacts; engages others by seeking their perspective and understanding their needs; role models collaboration to create emotional alignment to shared purpose.
About the Leadership Agility Questionnaire
The questionnaire is completed online, on any mobile device, and takes approximately 30 minutes. Following submission of the questionnaire, individualised reports indicate areas of personal strength and areas for development, together with practical ideas and advice for building leadership agility:
- Agility wheel: Provides a high-level summary of an individual’s results for each of the scales within the Four A’s of Agility.
- Behavioural style summary: Pinpoints likely strengths and areas for development in relation to an individual’s behavioural style at work.
- Motivators: The aspects of work which an individual is likely to find most and least motivating. How this influences orientation to transformation and change.
- Insight into action: Practical developmental advice and guidance for enhancing leadership agility.
- Managing paradox: An individual’s likely approach to resolving the paradoxes which will inevitably arise when managing the complexities of transformation and digitalisation.
The Sova Leadership Agility questionnaire is the start-point for our Agility Practitioner Lab. During the Agility Practitioner Lab we look at results of the leadership agility questionnaire for individuals, teams and groups. This provides powerful insight about how a team might work more effectively to drive change and transformation. This is the first step towards helping executives change leadership skills and equip them to build more agile organisations.